Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bad luck comes in threes?

This is one of those old wives tales as they call them. The idea that luck (good or bad) usually comes in bursts of three.

I get hit with  a good dose of bad luck every once in a while. However, I also get a good bit of good luck, usually more than the bad. So all's good.

I was thinking about Trickster again, I mean when am I not? right?

And I thought I would share with the inter-webz how he helps me sometimes.

There are people out there who see tricksters as bad guys. evil. pranksters.
Many of these people blame all the world's misfortunes on Trickster.

But, you see, misfortune in the world just happens. The same way good fortune just happens. This is life. It is the way it is. The only choices we have are how we react to those things that just happen.

To give you an idea of my bad-luck spree.... here is a short list of the big things gone wrong in the last 2 months:


1.
Hubby lost his job. again.

2.
Hubby bought me a pygmy goat. ($12 and box of girl scout cookies... now that's a deal)
A freaking adorable and awesome goat. Stinky. But awesome. I named him Pan. (As befits the naming scheme for my household: Dogs are : Zeus, Thor and Hermes; Cats: Morgana, Merlin, Gwen and Georgie; Chickens are named for the Muses and Graces.)

My youngest child called him Moo.

Then one Friday, a neighbor's Pitbull got loose, pushed open my gate and killed Pan. My dogs attacked the Pit and chased it out of the yard. It went over to the farm across the street, killed 2 chickens, a goat and was in the process of trying to get a horse, when the farmer shot it.

I feel bad all around here. I blame the owners (who claim 'it's not my dog') and not the poor animal. Thankfully, none of my kids were home when this happened.

My 3 dogs formed a wall around the goat until we got home. They actually laid in a circle around the dying goat like some kind of funeral guard.

3.
On the following Tuesday, my house got broken into. Several broken windows, a few things were stolen and everything not stolen was spray painted blue. A big FU on my front door, a b-ch on my bedroom wall. You get the picture.

I am struggling not to burst out laughing here. Obviously someone was trying to get us upset. I'm not. I'm not up for this game. I think it must be time to paint my house. Oh and I needed to replace those bad windows anyway.

Granted, I'm a little annoyed at a few things that were painted that are irreplaceable (Lovely white Hungarian embroidered apron) and my sewing machine and serger are toast having paint in the gears,  but mostly things can be cleaned off. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser by the way... it gets spray paint off anything but wood and wall.

It's obvious that this was the work of some kids. I also know that they will be paying for it in some way. They may not be caught now, but they will one day pay for it. Call it Karma, Rebounding Energies or Trickster paying them a visit, or what have you, one day it'll come back on them.

4. The kidnapping scam. Suffice it to say, I do not want to give out all the details here, but let's just say that there is this scam where a stranger calls one of your family members that there's been an accident and they need to come help. Then you get a call that your family member has been kidnapped and that you need to send $3,000 to get them back.(or that your nephew is in jail and needs bail money wired right away).  You may be smart enough to realize this is a scam and call 911. It still stresses you out and blows your day though, right? Especially if you can't get a hold of the 'kidnapped/jailed' person.

Lots of bad luck as you can see. However I still have a smile on my face. I am laughing and giggling along as I write that list. Because it IS funny! I mean seriously, how many things can go wrong in a span of 2 months? Holy Hel. 

Things turned out fine, by the way. Hubby has a new and much higher paying job. I now have a mommy goat and her 3 babies. (We bought a preggo goat and she had triplets! omg!) Insurance is paying to re-paint my house and replace my kitchen cabinets. I also got to buy a new sewing machine. It has 80 stitches! Much more than the old one.

Things always have a way of working themselves out. And I know that I just have to move through the hard stuff to get to the other side. There is always an other side.

There are always going to be multiple ways of looking at a situation.
Trickster did not cause the bad luck, but he helps me to see the humor in the situation.
I always say, Find the Humor.

Please do not get me wrong here, I am not saying that there aren't serious situations or that there aren't times where you need to be serious. All I am trying to get at is that you get to choose those times. You get to choose how to react. And if you can find the humor, you can get through anything.

Oh and about that bail money? Can you wire that to my Kaman Island account by tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment